How Do You Access Tax Return Information From the Previous Year?


Quick Answer

You can access tax information from the previous year by obtaining a copy of your tax transcript through the Internal Revenue Service, says the IRS. You can also file Form 4506 to request a copy of your tax return.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

Transcripts arrive in the mail five to 10 calendar days after you submit the request. All transcripts are mailed to the address the IRS has on file for you. You can request a copy of your tax return transcript from forms 1040, 1040EZ and 1040A or request a tax account transcript, which shows the basic information including the type of return, marital status, adjust gross income and credits and payments, explains the IRS.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions