How Do You Find Your 2012 Tax Return?


Quick Answer

You can find copies of your 2012 tax return by contacting the Internal Revenue Service online, by phone or by mail, explains the IRS. There is a fee to obtain a copy of past tax returns, but you can obtain a tax transcript at no cost.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

You can order your tax transcript online or by phone for the current year as well as the past three previous tax years. You must submit Form 4506-T if you would like tax transcripts for earlier tax years. A tax return transcript shows most of the line items that are on your tax return as it was originally submitted, as well as accompanying schedules and forms. A tax account transcript shows later adjustments that you or the IRS may have made to your return, explains the IRS.

If you order your transcript online or by phone, there is a five- to 10-day wait period. An account transcript usually arrives within 30 calendar days if you order by mail using Form 4506T or 4506T-EZ. There is a fee for each previously processed tax return you order. Complete Form 4506 and mail the request to the IRS address listed for your area. Copies are usually available for the current year and the past six years. There is a 60-day delivery time for copies of your tax return, says the IRS.

Learn more about Taxes

Related Questions