A crown braid is formed by making a French braid and wrapping it around the head. This braid is best when made to look messy.
Crown braids have been seen on many celebrities. It is a beautiful textured braid to wear.
- Pull hair over the head Flip the hair over and brush out all the tangles and knots.
- Make a part Create a part in the hair. It does not have to be straight.
- Begin braiding Using a small section of hair near the base of the neck, separate hair into three sections and begin braiding.
- Follow the hair line Continue braiding around and up the head. Make sure the braid is held close to the scalp. Add in hair as the braid moves upward.
- End at the other side of the head Braid around the entire head until the starting point is reached.
- Finish the braid Braid the hair until the end, and fasten with an elastic band.
- Secure the braid Wrap the end of the braid around the head and fasten it with a few bobby pins. Hide the ends underneath the top portion of the braid.
- Add texture and finish the style Loosen the braid around the head to give the hair a messy, textured look. If the style is not secure, spray with a finishing spray.