Goldwell Hair Color Formulas are usually applied in a salon by a professional colorist or stylist, who will use a range of specialist techniques and procedures to ensure an expert finish. Goldwell New York offers a variety of seminars and workshops throughout the year in order to teach people these techniques.
The recommended process for an icy platinum blonde look is as follows:
- Formula #1 — 50 milliliters of 40 Volume Topchic Lotion and 25 milliliters of Topchic 11P — is applied to any re-growth area, ensuring that the hair is completely saturated.
- Next, starting at the nape of the neck and taking 1/8 inch diagonal slices, the hair is covered in foil. Formula #2 — 35 milliliters of 20 Volume Topchic Lotion, 1 scoop of Oxycur Platin and 10 milliliters of Topchic Blonding Cream — and Formula #3 — 30 milliliters of 20 Volume Topchic Lotion and 30 milliliters of Topchic Blonding Cream — are alternately applied to the foil and feathered into the retouch area.
- The color should now be left to process for around 45 minutes, under close observation.
- Once processed, the foils are removed and the hair shampooed with a Goldwell product.
- The hair is blotted dry with a towel and re-sectioned into four.
- Formula #4 — 20 milliliters of 10 Volume Topchic Lotion, 20 milliliters of water, 35 milliliters of Topchic 9NA and 5 milliliters of Topchic 10V — is applied between the occipital bone region and the nape of the neck, carefully saturating the hair.
- For the side sections, the above formula is alternated in diagonal slices with Formula #5 — 20 milliliters of 20 Volume Topchic Lotion, 20 milliliters of water, 30 milliliters of Topchic 10N and 10 milliliters of Topchic 10V — and Formula #6 — 40 milliliters of Colorance Lotion, 10 milliliters of Colorance 9GB and 10 milliliters of Colorance 10V.
- Formula #5 is used to saturate the top section, before a second processing time of around 30 minutes and a final shampoo and condition.
The hair may then be cut and styled.