Before starting the French tip manicure, trim and shape the nails. The most common shape for a French manicure is squared, but rounded nails look good with the French tip too. Soak the cuticles and push them back, removing any dirt from under the nails with the cuticle pusher.
Learn more about Nail Care
- Prep the nail for polishBefore painting the nails, use a buffer to create a smooth surface on the nails.
- Add base coatApply a base coat of sheer pink polish to the entire nail. Allow the polish to dry and apply a second coat. Allow the nails to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Apply tape or nail guidesApply tape or nail guides to the nails so that only the tips of the nails are exposed. Nail guides come already curved, while regular tape would need cut into the desired shape before applying.
- Paint the tipsPaint the tips of each nail with a white nail polish. Allow the nails to dry and add a second coat. Allow the nails to dry completely before moving on to the final step.
- Seal the nailsRemove the tape or nail guides and apply a clear coat to seal the nails.