One way to remove dark circles under the eyes is to use a concealer that features anti-aging ingredients. In addition, use an anti-aging face mask prior to applying the concealer.
There are other steps people can take to get rid of dark circles:
- Applying concealer in an inverted triangle lights up the area, as well as the face overall.
- Adding a little shimmer under the eye also lights up the area.
- Wet a green tea bag, allow it to cool and then apply it to the under eye area for a few minutes. Doing this makes it seem less puffy, which in turn reduces how dark it looks.
- Always remove makeup before bedtime, as not doing so causes under eye puffiness.
- Diets that are high in sodium cause the area beneath the eyes to become puffy. A diet low in salt combats this.
- Individuals who suffer with allergies can take anti-allergy medications to reduce the risk of puffiness.
- Using a neti pot to flush the nostrils can reduce the water present in the sinuses, which then reduces puffiness.
- Individuals who sleep on their stomachs may encourage fluid to gather beneath the eyes. Switching to a side or back sleeping position combats this.
- Drinking less alcohol is advisable. Consuming too much alcohol draws fluid away from the skin, which in turn makes the eyes appear sunken.