Homemade temporary tattoos can be created by transferring a design from tracing paper to the skin, and then darkening with eyeliner. Items such as talcum powder and liquid bandage can increase the design's longevity.
- The desired image should first be traced onto the tracing paper with a pencil and cut out.
- Next, the desired area of the skin should be prepared for the image transfer by scrubbing with the rubbing alcohol.
- The image is then to be placed on the skin, drawing side down, and covered with a wet cloth.
- The image should have been transferred to the skin with enough visibility to go over with the eyeliner.
- Talcum powder should be applied once complete to prevent smudging.
- Spraying liquid bandage spray on next will make it waterproof.