There are two ways to make avocado oil for use in hair. One way is to press oil from the skin of the avocado, using an orange juice press. Another way is to use the flesh of the avocado, blended with coconut oil.Continue Reading
To extract oil from the skin of the avocado:
1. Slice open the avocado and first remove the seed. An easy way to do this is to slam a knife into the seed and lift the seed out.
2. Remove the flesh with a spoon, being sure to scrape as much off the skin as possible.
3. Place the skin in an orange juice press or other fruit press, and push down hard on the lever. Oil should begin to drip into the juice container.
4. Strain the oil through a fine mesh strainer or coffee filter to remove any remaining pieces of skin or flesh.
To make avocado oil from the flesh of the avocado:
1. Slice open about 4 pounds of avocadoes and remove the seeds.
2. Scrape the flesh out using a spoon.
3. Drop the flesh into a blender along with 4 cups of coconut cream.
4. Blend until smooth, without any remaining lumps of flesh. The end result will be a thick paste.
5. Place the mixture in a large pot and heat over medium-low.
6. Stir every few minutes, scraping the sides and bottom to prevent burning.
7. Cook down until only a thick paste remains.
8. Place paste in a cheesecloth or other thin cloth for filtering.
9. Hold bundle over a container and squeeze hard to extract the oil.
According to Oilypedia, avocado oil resulting from either technique can be used as a hair or skin conditioner or in food.Learn more about Hair