What Licenses and Permits Can You Get at the Wisconsin DNR?


The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources issues a range of licenses and permits, including hunting and fishing licenses, burn permits, trail passes, scientific collection permits and air permits. These licenses and permits cover recreational, environmental, professional and business/municipal categories.

The recreational category includes a number of wildlife and land use licenses and permits, with different price structures for Wisconsin residents, nonresidents and members of the armed forces. The environmental category includes permits for land use and cleanup that effect endangered species, waterways and hazardous materials. The professional category includes licenses for a range of businesses that use or access DNR lands or Wisconsin wildlife, including wild plant harvesting, fish farming and well construction. The business/municipal category includes permits for mines and concentrated animal feeding operations.

Related Videos