What Types of Education Is Available for Game Art Design School?


Quick Answer

Many reputable colleges offer certificates and degrees in game design and development. There are associates degree programs from technical colleges and bachelors and masters degree programs from many well-known universities.

Continue Reading
Related Videos

Full Answer

The Princeton Review recognized the University of Southern California as number one in game design programs in the U.S. for several consecutive years, starting in 2010. USC offers BA and BS degrees in Interactive Entertainment, Animation and Digital Arts, Computer Science (Games) and in Cinematic Arts and Production. They also offer MFA and MS degrees in Interactive Media, Animation and Digital Arts, Game Development, Multimedia and Creative Technologies and Film and Television Production. For those who wish to only minor in game design, USC offers minor programs in Animation and Digital Arts, Science Visualization and Interactive Multimedia and Creative Technologies.

Other prominent colleges that offer similar degree programs are Carnegie Mellon University, Savannah College of Art and Design, Rochester Institute of Technology and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. There are schools that specialize in the visual arts that offer degree programs and internship placement like the Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood. Other options include technical colleges with online courses from places like The Art Institute. There are over 30 established colleges and universities that provide students with undergraduate and graduate education in Game Design and Development.

Learn more about Graphic Design

Related Questions