The "Norwalk Reflector" is a daily newspaper published in Norwalk, Ohio featuring news from throughout Ohio's Huron County as well as state and national news stories. The "Norwalk Reflector" has a circulation of 8,900 as of 2015 and has been in publication continuously since 1830.
The "Norwalk Reflector" was named the "Huron Reflector" with its first issue on February 2, 1830. The paper changed its name to the "Daily Reflector" from 1882 to 1913 and was known as the "Norwalk Reflector-Herald" from 1913 until 1958, when it became the "Norwalk Reflector." The newspaper was first published by Samuel Preston and Frederick Wickham, and it has been owned by the Wickham family since its inception. "Norwalk Reflector" was published weekly from 1875 to 1914, when it resumed daily publication.
The "Norwalk Reflector's" first publisher, Frederick Wickham, was a pro-Civil War Republican who fully supported President Lincoln's policies. Wickham inveighed heavily against slavery in editorials published during the 1860s. The paper today is a conservative publication supporting current Republican policy in its editorials.
The "Reflector" covers local news, sports, community events, and national, state and local politics. The paper also features employment listings and classified advertising. The "Norwalk Reflector" is owned by Sandusky Newspapers.