How Do You Find an Architect Who Specializes in Designing Houses?


Quick Answer

Residential architects who specialize in home design can be found in the American Institute of Architect’s magazine, Residential Architect, at Houzz.com and in The Congress of Residential Architecture’s Member Directory. Listings can be searched by location or specialty. Residential Architect and Houzz.com also provide project galleries.

Continue Reading
How Do You Find an Architect Who Specializes in Designing Houses?
Credit: Oregon Husky CC-BY-SA 2.0

Full Answer

Residential Architect's Project Gallery can be searched by a number of project types including: affordable, custom and single family and provides information about each project including the name of the architect and contractor, photographs and, in some cases, details on the cost. The American Institute of Architects (AIA), a professional membership organization for architects, provides a directory of members.

Members who are in the Custom Residential Architecture Network (CRAN) can be searched for directly. CRAN also maintains a YouTube channel, CRAN TV, featuring videos that offer advice on topics including “How to Choose an Architect for Your Project” and “What Should Your House Look Like.” Individual houses and other projects can also be searched for and viewed at architecture websites such as Architectural Digest, the online home of the print magazine. The site provides information about the architect(s) and/or architecture firm responsible for the design of the houses that are viewable on the site.

Learn more about Architecture
Related Videos

Related Questions