is a common English word that when used as a conjunction
, is equivalent to "but" or "nevertheless".
However, used as an adverb, yet defines an action's persistence in time. Perhaps uniquely in English, the word can define an action in the past, present or future:
- I have never yet been late.
- ''I yet stand.
- I will yet arrive.
Also, yet is a local dialect term in lowland Scotland and Cumbria for a gate.
Yet may also refer to:
- YET, the IATA airport code for Edson Airport, Alberta, Canada
- YET, Youth, Europe and Theatre project
- & Yet & Yet, a 2002 album by Do Make Say Think
- Az Yet, an American R&B group from Philadelphia
- C°ntinuum: roleplaying in The Yet, a time travel roleplaying game
- The Yet, in C°ntinuum, a time traveller's personal future timeline