It was abolished on 31 December 2003 and replaced by the Workers Compensation Commission of New South Wales for most workers compensation matters. Jurisdiction in respect of the injury of police and miners was transferred to the District Court of New South Wales. The Compensation Court Judges all became District Court Judges at this time.
The Workers Compensation Act 1926 (NSW) expanded the role of workers compensation in the State. It introduced compulsory insurance for employers and it also established the first specialised workers compensation tribunal in Australia, being the Workers Compensation Commission of New South Wales.
The commission exercised both judicial and executive power. It was constituted with a judicial member and two lay members. The Commission also had the power to license and supervise the operations of insurers.
In 1984, the Workers Compensation Commission was replaced by two bodies, the State Compensation Board of New South Wales and the Compensation Court of New South Wales. The Board took over administrative and licensing functions which the commission formerly had, and the Court continued to exercise the judicial functions.
The Chief Judge and the Judges of the Court could hear any claim before the Court. Commissioners were limited to hearing claims of less than $40,000.
A Principal Registrar and registrars of the Court could also be appointed.
1984 and Chief Judge of the Court 1984 -1994;
Companies Turn to Driver-Training Courses to Reduce Employee Accidents.(Originated from Asbury Park Press, N.J.)
Sep 20, 1996; RED BANK, N.JSep. 20--Paull Hubbard, the president of Driving Dynamics -- an advanced driver-training school based here -- likes...