Without a Sound is the sixth studio album by alternative rock band Dinosaur Jr, released on August 23, 1994. It is the first Dinosaur Jr. album not to feature Murph on drums, who is replaced by vocalist and guitarist J. Mascis. It is also their most commercially successful album, peaking at number 44 on the Billboard Top 200. However, it is probably the band's least well-regarded albums by fans and critics. Mascis later admitted that his father's death affected his writing and performance on this album, and he took three years to deliver the the next Dinosaur Jr LP, 1997's Hand It Over.
"Feel the Pain" was confirmed as a playable track for the 2008 video games Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour.
All songs composed by J Mascis.
- "Feel the Pain" – 4:18
- "I Don't Think So" – 3:35
- "Yeah Right" – 2:45
- "Outta Hand" – 4:59
- "Grab It" – 3:31
- "Even You" – 3:23
- "Mind Glow" – 4:02
- "Get Out of This" – 5:21
- "On the Brink" – 3:11
- "Seemed Like the Thing to Do" – 5:45
- "Over Your Shoulder" – 4:52
- J Mascis - Drums, Guitar, Producer, Keyboards, Vocals
- Thalia Zedek - Vocals
- Mike Johnson - Bass, Vocals
- John Agnello - Engineer, Mixing
- Danny Kadar - Assistant Engineer
- Mark Miller - Assistant Engineer
- Brian Sperber - Assistant Engineer
- John McLaughlin - Assistant Engineer
- Bryce Goggin - Assistant Engineer
- Bill Emmons - Assistant Engineer
- Joe Pirrera - Assistant Engineer
- Bob Ludwig - Mastering
- Woody Jackson - Paintings
- Roger Mayer - Sound Effects
||The Billboard 200
Singles - Billboard (North America)
||"Feel the Pain"
||Modern Rock Tracks
Spike Jonze directed the music video for the single "Feel the Pain". J Mascis is shown playing a dangerous game of urban golf in NYC..