The Man With One Red Shoe is a 1985 comedy film directed by Stan Dragoti. It's a remake of a 1972 French film
Le Grand Blond avec une chaussure noire starring Pierre Richard and Mireille Darc.
Cooper, the deputy director of the CIA
, wants to be the director. So, he tries to smear the director into resigning or being removed. The director gives Cooper some false information—that there's a man who might be able to clear up the charges against him arriving at the airport
, so he sends his man, Brown, to meet him. Brown was just supposed to make contact with anyone at the airport thus making Cooper believe that he is the man who can help the director. Brown picks Richard because he is wearing mismatched shoes, one of them being red. So Cooper sets up surveillance on Richard and sends his femme fatale
, Maddy to come on to him and find out what he knows. While Maddy is playing, Richard actually falls for her. When one attempt after the other fails to yield any usable information, Cooper orders that Richard be killed, eventually attempting to murder the man himself.
- Cooper is chasing Richard and Maddy into the Senate Office Building and in one shot has his flip-up shades on and the next shot they're gone. All in an impossible split second.
- During the ambulance scene, the scenes from the inside of the ambulance show that the ambulance is driving around with the transmission in park.
- Softball games are played with only seven innings.
- When the stuntman, standing in for James Belushis' character, goes head over heels on the bicycle and into the river, because the handlebars have become detached, not only is the stuntman seen holding the handle bars as he tumbles through the air, but the bicyle tumbling under him has handle bars on it.
- After one of the agents protecting Richard loses all of his teeth, there's a scene in the movie where he's eating solid food.
- In the scene where Tom Hanks' character is biking to the dentist appointment, he is seen biking along the C&O Canal in Maryland but once he is entering D.C. he is shown entering from Virginia which is not possible.