was a kid's game show about animals taped in Canada. It was taped in 1988
, and it later reran on The Animal Planet Network
for one year from 1996
The show was hosted by Neil Crone (referred to on the air as the Guessmaster)
, and accompanied by Team Tamers Marilyn Smith
& Linda Verry
Two teams of two kids each with an animal name & assisted by an adult team captain (either Marilyn or Linda), competed in a game of answering animal questions. In each round, host Crone read a question with four possible answers. The teams held up a number that corresponds to one of the answers (the selected number & answer was announced by the appropriate team tamer). A correct answer was worth 30 points, but an incorrect answer forces the team to either take a Wild Guess
(choose another answer) or a pass it up & end the question. When taking a Wild Guess
, if the team in control is correct this time they get 20 points, but an incorrect answer gave the opposing team a chance to steal for 10 points, If they're wrong, no points were awarded.
Five rounds with these questions were played with the last round played differently. Each round had a category, and here they are:
- Living Proof
- Creature Feature
- Call of the Wild - identifying animals by virtue of the sounds
- Monkey Business - guessing animal actions
- Catnips - teams buzzed-in on a series of questions. Correct answers were still worth 30 points but incorrect answers deducted 10 points.
The team with the most points wins the game.
- On commercial breaks one of the team tamers asked a true or false home-viewer/audience question.
- During a point in the show, Crone would make up a limerick using the animals representing each team