is a gay porn star
who performs in adult films
. While he is a very muscular man, he is not "ripped
" and has a very hairy body that he has refused to shave, even when it was out of fashion. He is noted for his vocal orgasms
. His deep voice, large build, and chest
and body hair
epitomize the masculine Daddy
His porn name of Zak Spears was derived from a combination of Zack Morris, a character he liked on the television series Saved By The Bell, and straight porn star Randy Spears—whom porn director Chi Chi LaRue thought looked like Spears's older brother.
Spears was for a time a weekend bartender at a gay leather/Levi bar called The Faultline in the Silverlake district of Los Angeles, California. He also worked as a personal trainer in the Los Angeles area.
In 1996, Spears retired from gay porn for a number of years, but he returned to active participation in 2004. The older Spears earned a new generation of devoted fans with his starring role in Falcon Studio's Zak Attack as well as his performances in ChiChi LaRue's Bolt, the Hard Cops films, and Colt Studio's Wide Strokes. Spears also starred in the Wet Palms series, an innovative online project that told an episodic story over a series of 40-minute episodes. Spears announced his second retirement after winning an award for best nonsexual performance for his role in the two-part porn movie Buckleroos. The expanded version of Buckleroos, however, includes a 45-minute sex scene between Spears and Colt Studios star, Carlo Masi.
Spears appeared in the 1995 feature film The Doom Generation using his birth name Khristofor Rossianov, and in the 2006 black comedy feature film Forgiving the Franklins under the name Khris Scaramanga.
Adult Erotic Gay Video Awards
''(These awards are affectionately known as "The Grabbys
- 1993 Best Newcomer
- 1994 Best Actor, a tie with Ty Fox
- 2000 Wall of Fame inductee
- 2004 Best Duo Sex Scene, with Johnny Hazzard in Bolt; tied with Tag Adams and Aiden Shaw in Perfect Fit
- 2004 Best Non-Sex Performance, in Buckleroos Parts I and II
- 2001 Hall of Fame
- 2002 Best Actor, The Joint; tied with Tony Donovan, Carnal Intentions
- 2005 Best Non-Sex Performance, Buckleroos Parts I and II
Gay Erotic Video Awards
- 1993 Best Cum Shot
- 1994 Best Actor, a tie with Grant Larson
The "Dave" Awards
- 1994 Best Sex Scene, the orgy in The Wild Ones, featured performer along with Wolff
Probe/Men in Video Awards
(The AVN Awards included a gay award category up until 1998; they were separated into the GayVN Awards in 1999.)
- 1994 Best Supporting Actor—Gay Video
- 1994 Best Newcomer—Gay Video
- Spears was discovered by ChiChi LaRue in a Minneapolis gay bar called The Gay 90s.
- In an interview, Spears stated that he vacations/travels to London and Berlin yearly; he says these are his favorite cities in the world.
- He is a fan of the West End theatre scene in London, and was quoted as saying, "I have a painful crush on John Barrowman. He’s not only a beautiful man physically, but an amazing man on the inside as well."
- Spears includes actor Ben Browder as one of his "Likes" on his "Likes & Dislikes" list at his website.