(由利郡; -gun) was a district
located in Akita
There were three towns left before the district dissolved.
On October 1, 2005, all towns merged to form the city of Nikaho which will dissolve Yuri District.
- April 1, 1948-The district transferred the village of Taishodera to Kawabe District.
- November 1, 1960-The village of Yuri gained town status.
- April 1, 1970-The village of Ōuchi gained town status.
- April 1, 1974-The village of Higashiyuri gained town status.
- September 1, 1975-The village of Nishime gained town status.
- November 1, 1980-The village of Chōkai gained town status.
- March 22, 2005-The towns of Chōkai, Higashiyuri, Iwaki, Nishime, Ōuchi, Yashima, and Yuri merged with the city of Honjo to form the new city of Yurihonjo.
- October 1, 2005-The remaining three towns listed above merged together to form the new city of Nikaho. Yuri District was dissolved as a result.