The village name 'Wotton' is Anglo Saxon in origin, and means 'farm near a wood'. It was recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Oltone, though earlier (in 848) it was recorded in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle as Wudotun. The affix 'Underwood' was added later to distinguish the village from other places also called Wotton. The affix means 'near the wood' and refers to the village's proximity to the ancient Bernwood Forest.
Blairs' House No 6! Cherie Pays [Pounds Sterling]1m Cash for a Mews Home to Add to Their Portfolio; EXCLUSIVE
Oct 07, 2009; Byline: Dan Newling THEY have already amassed a collection of homes to rival even the most brazen of Russian oligarchs. Now Tony...