St Mary’s Parish Church, with its 15th Century carved timber roof, has a link with both conflicts. It served as a prison for around 500 troops after the Battle of Sedgemoor and now contains a corner dedicated to local airmen who lost their lives in the 1940s conflict.
The 4 stage tower has an embattled parapet with quatrefoil arcading, and set-back buttresses which terminate in pinnacles on the bell-chamber stage. The current clergyman for the church is the Reverend Christopher Keys.
It now houses the Westonzoyland Microlight Aircraft Club - the 'Zoyboyz'. Microlight aircraft fly from the base for both recreation and as part of Sky Watch - Civil Air Patrol, whose mission is "Keeping an eye out from the air for anyone in distress either on land or sea".
Westonzoyland is home to Somerset's earliest steam-powered pumping station, built in 1830. Once a guardian of the Somerset Levels, now a small museum displaying stationary steam engines and exhibits of land drainage history. Pride of place goes to the station's pumping engine, the Easton and Amos. It is still in the main engine house, built in 1861 to replace an earlier engine that had been carrying out the pumping work since 1831.