or Web Service Modeling Language
is a formal language
that provides a syntax
for the Web Service Modeling Ontology (WSMO)
In other words, the WSML provides means to formally describe the WSMO elements as Ontologies, Semantic Web services, Goals, and Mediators .
The WSML is based on the logical formalisms as Description Logic, First-order Logic and Logic Programming .
Language variants of WSML
- WSML Core, defined as an intersection of the Description Logic and Horn Logic. Supports modeling classes, attributes, binary relations and instances.
- WSML-DL, extension of the WSML Core, fully captures the Description Logic.
- WSML-Flight, extension of the WSML Core, provides features as meta-modeling, constraints and nonmonotonic negation.
- WSML-Rule, extension of the WSML-Flight, provides Logic Programming capabilities.
- WSML-Full, an unification of the WSML-DL and WSML-Rule.