The house was built in 1803 by James Matthews and is located in Germantown, Philadelphia. A John Wister purchased it from James Matthews in 1812. His son, John Wister, was a member of Congress and lived in Vernon until his death in 1883.
Jenkins, Charles Francis. The Guide Book to Historic Germantown, Prepared for the Site & Relic Society. 1926.