Tom Byron (born April 4, 1961 in Houston, Texas) is an American Pornographic Actor and director. He is of Italian descent. He is sometimes credited as Tom Byrom, Tommy Byron, The Icon, or The Great White Hope.
A member of the XRCO and the AVN Halls of Fame, he is one of the most recognizable actors in the business.
When Byron first started acting in hardcore
films, in May 1982, he played mostly the young schoolboy or "coming of age" roles due to the fact that he looked like a teenager even though he was in his early to mid 20s. He starred alongside Traci Lords
in many movies including her first one in early 1984, What Gets Me Hot!
He was also known to have had an ongoing relationship with Lords, who was underage at the time.
Although remaining quiet on his earlier gay porn appearances, Byron has confirmed the authenticity of a series of pictures which depict him performing oral sex on a transsexual.
Has appeared in small uncredited "mainstream" motion picture roles, the most recent of which is a performance as a homeless man in Miracle Mile.
He has changed his image several times throughout his career, going from clean-shaven adolescent to hard rocker look (complete with long hair, tattoos and piercings) to clean cut businessman appearance. Unlike the majority of male porn stars, Byron apparently doesn't work out extensively and has never maintained a muscular physique, instead relying on his ability to perform consistently and his name recognition.
Since his return to performing in the fall of 2005, Byron has performed in numerous scenes, most notably his "House of Ass" series for his own company Evolution Erotica. Byron has also performed for other companies as well.
Byron has directed over 70 films, his most notable being the Cumback Pussy
series for Elegant Angel
. Along with fellow directors Van Damage
and Rob Black
, and performer Tiffany Mynx
, Byron left Elegant Angel in 1998 to form a new company, Extreme Associates
IMDb lists 1400 movies but it is assumed that it must be more than 2,500 pornographic movies. His earliest video that can be dated with certainty is Tuesday's Lover from 1983. His most recent video is the 2006 The Anal Life.
IAFDb lists 2137 movies acted in and 88 directed.
- 1984 CAFA Best Actor for Private Teacher
- 1984 CAFA Best Supporting Actor for Sister Dearest
- 1985 AVN Best Couples Sex Scene - Film for Kinky Business
- 1985 XRCO Stud of the Year
- 1985 XRCO Video Stallion
- 1990 AVN Best Couples Sex Scene - Video for The Chameleon
- 1991 F.O.X.E Male Fan Favorite
- 1992 AVN Best Actor - Video for Sizzle
- 1992 F.O.X.E Male Fan Favorite
- 1996 XRCO Best Actor (Single Performance) for Flesh
- 1996 XRCO Best Anal or DP Scene for Car Wash Angels
- 1997 XRCO Best Actor for 'Indigo Delta''
- 1997 XRCO Best Anal Scene for Behind the Sphinc Door
- 1997 XRCO Male Performer of the Year
- 1998 AVN Best Actor - Video for Indigo Delta
- 1998 AVN Best Gonzo Series for Cumback Pussy
- 1998 AVN Male Performer of the Year
- 1998 XRCO Best Gonzo Series for Whack Attack
- 1999 AVN Male Performer of the Year
- 1999 F.O.X.E Male Fan Favorite
- 2000 AVN Best Supporting Actor - Video for LA 399
- 2008 AVN Best Actor - Film for Layout
- 2008 AVN Best Couples Sex Scene - Film for Layout
- Nicolas Barbano: Verdens 25 hotteste pornostjerner (Rosinante, Denmark 1999) ISBN 87-7357-961-0: Features a chapter on him.