tism.bestoff. is a 2002 "best of" compilation CD by Australian band TISM. It is also known as best off, tism. best off. or by its full title tism. best off. retrospective works 86/02.
The original disc is a collection of TISM favorites from throughout their career and a few rare tracks which have become live fan favorites, such as Death, Death, Death. Also on the disc are the unreleased tracks Sid Viscous and The Phillip Ruddock Blues as well as a remix of Defecate On My Face by Australian band Machine Gun Fellatio.
Original pressings of the disc came with a bonus CD titled this is serious mum which was, as the title indicated, a collection of bedroom recordings 1982 - 1992. This disc appeals to the hardcore TISM fan because every track on it has been in TISM's possession only and never before available, save for a few heavily edited tracks which appeared on Great Truckin' Songs of the Renaissance (1988). Other notable appearances on this disc are two early versions of songs, which gives fans a brief look at how TISM work with songs in the studio. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Whittle Away My Furniture is noticeably slower than its release on Hot Dogma (1990) and You're Only As Good As Your Fans is a completely different style to the version renamed Play Mistral For Me which was released on Machiavelli and the Four Seasons (1995).
- "Defecate On My Face"
- "Death Death Death"
- "Saturday Night Palsy"
- "I'm Interested In Apathy"
- "I Drive A Truck"
- "40 Years - Then Death"
- "The History Of Western Civilisation"
- "I’ll ’Ave Ya"
- "Get Thee To A Nunnery"
- "Lillee Caught Dilley Bowled Milli Vanilli"
- "(He'll Never Be An) Ol' Man River"
- "Greg! The Stop Sign!!"
- "All Homeboys Are Dickheads"
- "5 Yards"
- "Sid Viscous"
- "The Phillip Ruddock Blues"
- "Defecate On My Face - MGF Remix"
Bedroom Recordings tracklist
- "Eckermann Is Very Silly"
- "The Ballad Of The Semitic Nazi"
- "Yassa Arathin-A-Go-Go"
- "(I Go To) Werribee"
- "Ladies And Gentlemen - The Judeo-Christian Ethic"
- "Ezra Pound, Axe-King"
- :a. The Ballad Of J. Arthur White Australia Policy
- :b. The Petty Bourgeois Revolution
- :c. Art, Religion, And The Neo-Classical Dialectic
- :d. The Hairy Diadem
- "The English-Speaking Peoples"
- "Doug Parkinson Sings Christie Allen"
- "I Await The Coming Of The Scottish Third Reich"
- "A Tale Of Two Faeces"
- "Almost Blue By Ian Curtis"
- "The Back Upon Which Jezza Jumped"
- "(Jumpin’ Jivin’) Jimmy “The Ghost” Joyce"
- "Unknown, Unacknowledged, Unforgettable, Underpants"
- "Life Is Fairly Silly, Really"
- "Landscape, Seascape, Escape"
- "I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Whittle Away My Furniture"
- "How To End All Suffering"
- "I’m Gonna Treat Ya To A Neitschze Double Feature"
- "You’re Only As Good As Your Fans"
- "My Gerontation"
- "(This Morning I Had Work To Do)"
- "Tu E La Tua Razza Fa’un Culo"