The Limited Series is the name of Garth Brooks' second box set of albums. (It is also the name of his first box set). The set was released in 2005 to be sold exclusively at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores.
The set contains the following previously released albums:
The Double Live album contained one of three new covers, themed much like the original album. These covers were of Brooks' live performances recorded after Double Live was released: The last show of Brooks' final tour in 2000, and the special concert aboard the USS Enterprise in 2001. A third cover shows special "behind the scenes" moments during Brooks' live tours.
The set also contains The Lost Sessions, an album of previously unreleased material recorded by Brooks between 1995 and 2000, along with the newly-recorded Chris LeDoux tribute "Good Ride Cowboy". Shortly after the box set was released, The Lost Sessions was released individually, featuring six more songs, and a re-sequenced track listing.
Finally, the set contains an All Access DVD, containing footage from Brooks' live shows, as well as a photo gallery and the music videos for "Standing Outside The Fire", "Callin' Baton Rouge", "Wrapped Up In You", and "Ain't Goin' Down ('Til The Sun Comes Up)." The DVD also contains approximately 40 minutes of interviews with Brooks.
The set contains a booklet with information about all the albums in the set, as well as the lyrics for the songs, in lieu of the usual CD booklets.
Track listing for The Lost Sessions (box set version)
- "Fishin' in the Dark" (Wendy Waldman, Jim Photoglo) – 3:43
- "That Girl Is a Cowboy" (Jerrod Lee Niemann, Reehee Brown, Garth Brooks) – 4:23
- "Good Ride Cowboy" (Niemann, Brown, Bryan Kennedy, Bob Doyle) – 3:26
- "For a Minute There" (Kent Blazy, Brooks) – 5:15
- "Please Operator (Could You Trace This Call)" (Dewayne Blackwell) – 3:42
- "I'd Rather Have Nothing" (Mike McClure) – 3:44
- "American Dream" (Jenny Yates, Brooks; prelude Dennis Burnside) – 1:52
- "I'll Be the Wind" (Josh Kear, Mark Irwin) – 4:04
- "My Baby No Está Aquí" (David Stephenson, Shane Stockton) – 2:49
- "Allison Miranda" (Bobby Wood, Dan Roberts, Brooks) – 5:03
- "Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream" (Ed McCurdy) – 3:31
Track listing for The Lost Sessions (separate version)
(Songs new to this release feature writing credits and song length; information for other tracks is same as above.)
- "Good Ride Cowboy"
- "Allison Miranda"
- "Love Will Always Win" (with Trisha Yearwood) (Gordon Kennedy, Wayne Kirkpatrick) – 4:41
- "She Don't Care About Me" (Bruce Robison) – 2:56
- "That Girl is a Cowboy"
- "Fishin' in the Dark"
- "For a Minute There"
- "I'd Rather Have Nothing"
- "Cowgirl's Saddle" (G. Brooks, B. Kennedy, Gary McMahan) – 3:19
- "Under the Table" (G. Brooks, Randy Taylor) – 3:03
- "American Dream"
- "I'll Be the Wind" (Featuring Martina McBride)
- "Meet Me in Love" (G. Brooks, B. Kennedy, Wood) – 2:58
- "You Can't Help Who You Love" (Marcus Hummon, Steve Wariner) – 3:46
- "Please Operator (Could You Trace This Call)"
- "My Baby No Está Aquí"
- "Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream"
Personnel for The Lost Sessions
- Garth Brooks - guitar, lead and background vocals
- Milton Sledge - percussion
- Sam Bacco - percussion
- Mike Chapman - bass guitar
- Mark Casstevens - guitar, banjo, bouzouki
- Chris Leuzinger - electric guitar
- Bobby Wood - keyboards
- Bruce Bouton - steel guitar
- Rob Hajacos - fiddle
- Jimmy Mattingly - fiddle on "My Baby No Está Aquí"
- Joey Miskulin - accordion
- Sam Bush - mandolin
- Jerry Douglas- Dobro, steel guitar
- Dennis Burnside - string arrangement
- Nashville String Machine - strings
- Trisha Yearwood - background vocals on "That Girl Is a Cowboy", "Please Operator", "Allison Miranda", and "Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream"
- Alison Krauss - background vocals on "For a Minute There"
- Martina McBride - background vocals on "I'll Be the Wind"
- Allen Reynolds - background vocals on "Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream"
- The LeDouxers (background vocals on "Good Ride Cowboy") - Jerrod Niemann, Reehee Brown, Bryan Kennedy, Joe Mansfield, David Gant, Bob Doyle, David Corlew, Carolyn Corlew, Jerry Joyner, Beau Serry, Jeff Kaplan, Terry Palmer, Mandy McCormack, Caryn Wariner, Steve Wariner, Jimmy Mattingly, Gary Birdwell, Karen Byrd, Tami Rose-Thompson, Lane Rose-Thompson, Jason Thompson, Polly Edwards and the B-3's (Taylor, August, and Colleen), Paul Bogart, Cale Lang, Phillip Bogart, Matt and Karen Lindsey, Cassandra Tormes, Rondal Richardson, The Leuzinger Gang (Chris, Mary, Jesse, and Elizabeth), Luellyn Latocki, Bruce Bouton, Patsi Bale Cox, and Tracy Greenwood
- "The crickets on 'Fishin' in the Dark' are performed by themselves."