is a Japanese manga
series written and illustrated by Mera Hakamada
. The series was first serialized in the Japanese seinen
manga magaine Manga Time Kirara Carat
on February 24 2007
, published by Houbunsha
, but later had concurrent serialization in the magazine Manga Time Kirara Max
between May 24 2004
to August 29 2005
, published by the same company. The manga concluded on September 24 2006
, and three bound volumes
were published. The manga was licensed by Los Angeles
-based company Seven Seas Entertainment
. The first and second volumes were released on June 30 2007
and October 31 2007
The Last Uniform
takes place at the Tsubakigaoka Girls' Dorm where each of the female students is paired with a roommate. Beniko Kazura is paired with Tsumugi Kase, and Ai Sahara is paired with Fuuko Yamada, though the roommates have crushes
on each other which makes it impossible for them to stay merely friends.
- Beniko is a second year student in high school residing in the Tsubakigaoka Girl's Dorm with Tsumugi Kase as her roommate, and is the dormitory leader. She is in the art club. Due to her beautiful appearance, calm temperament, good grades, and excellent reflexes, she has gained a small group of younger girls who follow her around as groupies. Beniko has a crush on Tsumugi.
- Tsumugi is a second year student in high school, and is Beniko's roommate, whom she has a crush on. She is in the archery club. She has a blunt personality and can get easily embarrassed.
- Ai is a first year in high school living in the dormitory with Fuuko Yamada as her roommate, whom she has a crush on. In junior high school she wore thick glasses, but after entering high school she switched to wearing contact lenses.
- Fuuko, also referred to as "Fuu-chan", is a first year student in high school, and is Ai's roommate, who she has a crush on. She is in the track and field club. She has a cheerful personality, but is seen as somewhat of a troublemaker.
- Asagi is a third year in high school living in the dormitory. She has a cool personality, though is a little abnormal. When Beniko first entered school, Asagi was struck with love at first sight. Ever since, she has been trying to gain Beniko's feelings, but Beniko does not like Asagi.