Tennyson Point is a suburb on the Lower North Shore of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Tennyson Point is located 13 kilometres west of the Sydney central business district, in the local government area of the City of Ryde.
Tennyson Point sits on the northern bank of the Parramatta River on a peninsula positioned between Morrison Bay and Glades Bay. The suburb was originally called Tennyson before it was renamed Tennyson Point by the Geographical Names Board of New South Wales in 2001.
Captain William Raven (1756-1814) who sailed to New South Wales in 1792 as captain and part owner of the Britannia, was granted 100 acres (40 ha) of land in the area in 1795, plus another 285 acres (115 ha) in 1799. These Eastern Farm properties were managed for him by the brewer James Squire of Kissing Point until 1822. Raven is commemorated with the geographical formation called Raven's Point.