TechWeb, the global leader in business technology communities, is an innovative business focused on serving the needs of technology decision-makers and marketers worldwide. TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed media brands in the business technology market. TechWeb also provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation performance marketing, custom media, research, and analyst services.
TechWeb is a division of United Business Media, a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
Today, more than 13 million business technology decision makers – from small to medium business to the largest enterprises, from software developers to global communications and service providers, and from senior IT executives to LOB decision makers across all vertical industries – actively engage with our brands, content, and services. These decision makers spend 202 million minutes a year on our web sites, 6.3 million subscribe to our newsletters, more than 700,000 request our magazines, 400,000 participate in our webcasts, and hundreds of thousands attend our more than 180 global live events.
TechWeb’s highly valued, market-leading brands include:
- Global face-to-face events like " Interop", " Web 2.0 Expo", " Black Hat" and " VoiceCon"
- Online resources like the " TechWeb Network", " Light Reading", " IntelligentEnterprise.com", " InformationWeek.com", " bMighty.com", and " TechWeb Digital Library"
- Multimedia brands like " InformationWeek", " TechNet Magazine", " MSDN Magazine" and " Wall Street & Technology"
- Research & Analyst Services like Heavy Reading, InformationWeek Analytics and InformationWeek Reports
United Business Media (UBM) has made an exciting announcement outlining the next step in the 5 year plan of transforming CMP Technology and the technology media market. CMP will restructure to become four independent operating divisions under the common banner of UBM:
- TechWeb – serving business technology communities
- Everything Channel – serving channel and systems integrator communities
- TechInsights – serving the creators of technology communities
- Think Services – serving the game, call center, help desk and software development communities
Each of these newly formed divisions of United Business Media will offer business information tools and services to improve the productivity of the distinct communities that they serve. The new businesses will have both greater agility and direct access to the powerful resources of UBM – a $2.5 billion global media company.
As part of this strategy, we are very excited to announce the creation of our new independent UBM organization, TechWeb, being led by Chief Executive Officer, Tony Uphoff.