is a section of Bonn, Germany
with approx. 17,000 inhabitants. It is split between the subsections Alt-Tannenbusch and Neu-Tannenbusch. The roads in Tannenbusch are almost exclusively named after places in the former East German
areas (e.g. Schlesienstrasse, Oppelner road, west Prussia route). Around 1949 - 1960 there was a US military camp in Tannenbusch.
Alt-Tannenbusch was a settlement at the northwest outskirts of the town of Bonn, which was first developed between the wars, and developed further in the early postwar years. Alt-Tannenbusch surrounds a dune, which is a nature reserve, but is so closely forested that it is hard to tell. Among the inhabitants of the dune is a colony of free-living parrots. Today (2004) approx. 6,000 humans live in Alt-Tannenbusch.
Neu Tannenbusch was a planned large housing estate (satellite town), built at the beginning of the 1970's in response to the then dominant housing shortage. The settlement follows the ideal of "modern living" at that time. Thus we have pronounced living areas with dense land development, broad roads with many parking possibilities and a central garbage collection system, as well as a spatially separated shopping centre and social services. For the building of Neu-Tannenbusch the route of the Rhine railway was shifted several kilometers and led in a cut by the new settlement. Today the Bonn suburban tram lines 63/16 serve the area. Neu-Tannenbusch with its 9,800 inhabitants is considered a social focus.