T2: The Future War
is a novel
of the Terminator franchise
. It was published in 2003
by the author S.M. Stirling
Although not strictly part of the Terminator story, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
has borrowed concepts from it and its prequels
, T2: Rising Storm
and T2: Infiltrator
. It is a probable alternate
reality in the Terminator universe.
Characters (in order of appearance)
- John Connor, future leader of the Human Resistance
- Sarah Connor, John's mother
- Dieter von Rossbach, stepfather of John and husband of Sarah Connor, and the unwitting model of the T-800 Model 101 terminators.
- Ninel Petrikoff, a Luddite
- Skynet, self-aware military A.I. The antagonist of the story.