- This article refers to the hospital in Seattle, Washington. For the hospital in Englewood, Colorado, see Swedish Medical Center (Colorado).
Swedish Medical Center is a large nonprofit health care provider located in Seattle, Washington. It has three main hospital locations in Seattle and is also affiliated with many other suburban hospitals and clinics. Among the things Swedish is known for are its Swedish Cancer Institute, Swedish Neuroscience Institute, orthopedic surgery, specialized surgery, organ transplant, pediatric specialty care, childbirth services, bariatric surgery, and the Swedish Heart and Vascular Institute.
It was founded in 1910 by Dr. Nils Johanson
, a surgeon and Swedish immigrant. It was mentioned in Tom Green's song "Lonely Swedish
- Swedish Medical Center/Ballard Campus (163 beds)
- Swedish Medical Center/First Hill Campus (697 beds)
- Swedish Medical Center/Cherry Hill Campus in Squire Park (385 beds)
- Swedish Medical Center/Issaquah Campus
- 12 primary-care clinics (Swedish Physicians)
- Multiple specialty clinics