The IIT Stuart School of Business
(often just Stuart
) is an academic unit of the Illinois Institute of Technology
, a private Ph.D.-granting research university. IIT Stuart provides teaching and directs research in the fields of finance
, information management
and other areas. IIT Stuart was established in 1969 with a bequest from IIT alumnus and financier Harold Leonard Stuart. IIT Stuart is an AACSB
-accredited business school that focuses on graduate-level business education.
IIT Stuart offers bachelor's, master's, doctoral, and non-degree programs, as well as graduate certificate programs. In addition to the MBA, the School offers interdisciplinary programs such as Mathematical Finance, Marketing Communications, and Environmental Management in conjunction with departments such as the Institute of Design and the Center for Sustainable Enterprise. The Center for Financial Markets provides focused curriculum in financial engineering and programming, trading strategy, the financial markets, and information technology. IIT's Master of Science in Finance is focused on quantitative techniques used in modern financial markets and is concentrated in risk management, corporate finance, and quantitative finance.
Stuart is located in downtown Chicago, Illinois, USA within the Financial District.
- 1969 Year of foundation of IIT Stuart School Of Business.
- 1971 Year Fulltime MBA program was founded.
- 1980 Year Parttime MBA program was founded.
- 1995 Undergraduate programs phased out.
- 1999 IIT Stuart GSB achieved accreditation from AACSB.
- 2003 Year of foundation of Chicago Geospatial Exchange at Stuart School Of Business.
- 2007 Year of foundation of Center for the Management of Medical Technology.
Stuart is accredited by the AACSB
. As part of IIT, Stuart School is also accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Stuart boasts the 11th ranked Finance/Financial Markets program in the world as ranked by Global Derivatives magazine , and was featured on Business Week's 2004 B School Survey as a 2nd Tier School in the "Also Considered Category." Stuart is ranked 7th Best MBA in Chicago area. Recruiters ranked IIT last in every academic concentration except quantitative analysis, where the school finished fifth. Alumni ranked it third in risk management (after the GSB and Kellogg), but last in marketing, accounting, management and organizational behavior. MDes/MBA: 2-3 Years program hosted jointly by the Institute of Design and Stuart School Of Business featured on Business Week's 2006 best Design schools survey.
Departments and research centers
- Center for the Management of Medical Technology
- Center for Financial Markets
- Center for Sustainable Enterprise
- Chicago Geospatial Exchange
- Leadership Academy
- Interprofessional Projects Program
- Quantitative Research Lab
- Masters in Business Administration
- Financial Management
- Financial Markets
- Healthcare Management
- Information Management
- International Business
- Management Science
- Operations, Quality, and Technology Management
- Strategic Management of Organizations
- Sustainable Enterprise
- Masters of Science
- Environmental Management
- Financial Markets
- Marketing Communications
- Healthcare Marketing Concentration
- Communication Management
- Professional Masters
- Dual Degrees
- MBA / MS (2 Years)
- MBA / MPA
- MDes / MBA (2 - 3 Years)
- MBA / MSF
- MS / JD
- Bachelor of Science
- Business Administration
- Business Administration and Applied Science
- Business - Honors Law Program
- Minor in Business
- Fulltime MBA.
- Parttime MBA.
- Accelerated MBA.
Full Time MBA
- Option 1: General Fulltime MBA 16 courses.
- Option 2: Fulltime MBA with One concentration 18 courses.
- Option 3: Fulltime MBA with Dual Concentrations 20 courses.
Prof. Christopher Barlow
- Exploring a human centered perspective on collaboration and knowledge management systems
- Following and Accelerating The Design Evolution Curve in Health Care
- Insight or Ideas: Escaping the Idea Centered "Box" Defining Creativity
- Accelerating Design Evolution in Telecommunicated Multimedia (in pdf format), with George Kraft
- Deliberate Insight in Team Creativity.
Prof. John F. O. Bilson
Prof. Eliezer Geisler
- Ethical Dilemma of Science and Technology
- Organizing for E-Business
- Recent Publications and Working Papers
- The Metrics of Technology Evaluation: Where We Stand and Where We Should Go From Here
- Organizational Change Phenomena, Managerial Cognition, and Archival Measures: Reconceptualization and New Empirical Evidence
Prof. Michael Kelly
- Computational Solution of the American Put using the Moving Free Boundary Method
- Solving the American Put Financial Derivative using Differential Equations and Integration in Mathematica
Prof. Nick Thomopoulos
- Adjusting An Existing Forecasting Model When Some Future Demands Are Known In Advance; A Bayesian Technique, with Raida Abuizam
- Characteristics & Tables of the Doubly-Truncated Normal Distribution, with Arvid C. Johnson
- Characteristics & Tables of the Left-Truncated Normal Distribution, with Arvid C. Johnson
- Use of the Left-Truncated Normal Distribution for Improving Achieved Service Levels, with Arvid C. Johnson
- Values for the Cumulative Distribution Function of the Standard Multivariate Normal Distribution, with Carol Lindee
- Find cumulative distribution function values through these documents:
- Microsoft Excel tables
- Microsoft Excel functions
- Statistical Measure on the National, Distribution Center and Dealer Demands along the Supply Chain, with Wayne Bancroft, Nick Malham
- Optimal Order Quantity Assuming the Component Part Quantity Is A Random Variable, with Robert B. Allen
- Supplier Lateness, Service Level and Safety Time
- Tables for the Standard Bivariate Normal Distribution., with Montira Jantaravareerat
- Tables and Characteristics of the Standardized Lognormal Distribution, with Arvid C. Johnson
- Demands, Backorders, Service Level, Lost Sales and Effective Service Level
- Characteristics and Tables of the Partial expectations of the left-truncated normal distribution
- Some Measures on the Standard Bivariate Lognormal Distribution
- Safety Stock and Forecast Error
- Safety Stock comparison with Availability and Service level
- Multi-Item Ordering Decision with Target Discount Contract, with Ornlatcha Sivarak
Prof. Michael Ong
- On The Quantification Of Financial Markets - Rocket Science: Boom or Bust?, with Michael K. Ong
- John Calamos ('65 MBA), Billionaire money manager
- Robert Growney ('74 BS ME, '82 MBA) President and Chief Operating Officer of Motorola
- Carl S. Spetzler ('63 BS CE, '65 MBA, '68 PhD) CEO Strategic Decisions Group.
- William P. Mahoney ('57 BS IE, '61 MBA)
- Ellen Jordan Reidy ('79 BS Psychology, 81' MBA) President and Founder of America’s Food Technologies, Inc.
- John J. Viera (61' MBA)
- Brandon Schauer (MDes/MBA) Design Strategist, Adaptive Path.
- Jordan Kahn (MS Financial Markets), CFA, Portfolio manager, Berger & Associates.
- Sujatha Perepa (MBA), Software IT Architect, IBM Federal Software Group.
- Natalie H. Vania (MS Financial Markets) Founder, Arshiya Ventures.