Season six of Stargate SG-1, an American-Canadian television series, began airing on June 7, 2002 on Sci Fi Channel (United States). The sixth season concluded after 22 episodes on February 19, 2003 on British Sky One, which overtook the Sci-Fi Channel in mid-season. The series was developed by Brad Wright and Jonathan Glassner. Season six regular cast members include Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Corin Nemec, and Don S. Davis.
|#||# ||Title ||SG Wiki ||Directed by ||Written by ||Original airdate
- "Redemption" features a brand new opening sequence, with various shots of the gate spinning, and Michael Shanks' name being removed to make way for Corin Nemec's in between Christopher Judge and Don S. Davis. The following episode, "Descent", has a different title sequence.
- In most of the shots in "Abyss" where Ba'al is talking to O'Neill, Cliff Simon is actually talking to a stand-in for O'Neill and not Richard Dean Anderson due to the limited time Richard Dean Anderson had in which to film the episode. A series of three different sets were used to represent the cells; a horizontal cell, a vertical cell and a pivoting cell for the scenes in which the chamber is seen rotating. A blend of shots filmed in all three sets was used each time O'Neill is retrieved from or returned to his cell.
- "Shadowplay" was written as an homage to John Nash, see A Beautiful Mind.
- Most of "Paradise Lost" was shot at Pitt Lake, near Vancouver.
- "Disclosure" is the third clip show within Stargate SG-1, with the first being "Politics" and the second being "Out of Mind". None of the regular characters except General Hammond are featured.
- "The Changeling" was written by Christopher Judge, who plays Teal'c. The parts of the episode where Teal'c is a human take place in Coquitlam, which is a city in the Greater Vancouver Regional District. (Vancouver, the city where Stargate SG-1 is filmed, is also part of this district.)
- "Full Circle" is the last episode to feature Corin Nemec as a main cast member. It is also the last episode where Skaara (Alexis Cruz) appears.
Upon its initial airing, "Prometheus" became the Sci Fi channel's highest rated one-hour episode of a series, earning a 2.0 household Nielsen rating.
- "Redemption, Part 2" was nominated for a Gemini Award in the category "Best Visual Effects".
- "Descent" was nominated for a Gemini Award in the category "Best Visual Effects".
- "Nightwalkers" was nominated for a Gemini Award in the category "Best Photography in a Dramatic Program or Series".
- "Unnatural Selection" was nominated for a Leo in the category "Dramatic Series: Best Visual Effects".
- For "Unnatural Selection", Andy Mikita was nominated for a Leo Award in the category "Dramatic Series: Best Director".
- "Metamorphosis" won a Leo Award in the category "Dramatic Series: Best Make-Up".