By 1847 the Old Church was derelict, but as the local population grew it was decided to restore it. There are still traces of Norman masonry, but the building seen today is basically Victorian. A replacement tower was built and the building was lengthened, though it remained quite small. There have been further restorations since, particularly in 1948 following Second World War bomb damage. The building is a grade II* listed building.
The church now has a chaplaincy to the local St Pancras Hospital and since June 1 2003 has formed part of the Old St Pancras Team Ministry (which also includes St Michael's Church, Camden Town, St Mary's Church, Somers Town and St Paul's Church, Camden Square) On 11 December 2007 it marked the opening of the nearby St Pancras International station with a bilingual service and a twinning with the church of St Vincent de Paul, a church near the Gare du Nord, Paris.
Other people buried here include Sir William Franklin, Johann Christian Bach and John Flaxman. There is a memorial tomb for Mary Wollstonecraft and William Godwin though their remains are now in Bournemouth. The poet Percy Bysshe Shelley romanced the future Mary Shelley here. In the mid 19th century the writer Thomas Hardy was involved in the controversial clearance of part of the churchyard to make way for railway tracks to St Pancras station, while he was a young trainee architect. In 1968, The Beatles were photographed in the churchyard grounds, in a famous series of pictures designed to promote the single Hey Jude and the album The Beatles aka The White Album. The churchyard is the largest green space in the locality. It has some fine mature trees, and was restored in the first few years of the 21st century.