St Mary's Church
is an Anglican church
in the centre of Maidenhead
. It has a congregation of mixed ages and backgrounds. The church aims to "create a Christian family centred on Jesus
as Lord and Saviour."
There are several buildings on the St Mary's Church site. There is the church itself, the church halls, the 'Old Vic' (the vicarage from 1950-1992), the chapel and the Old Vic garden.
St Mary's Church has been rebuilt three times. Currently it is the fourth St Mary's Church. The fourth church was constructed in 1965. The spire is made of fibreglass and had to be hoisted into position by a crane.
There are three main services on Sundays; 09:15, 11:00 and 18:30. Typical attendances are around 170 at the 09:00 service and 230 at the 11:00 service. Attendances at the evening service are usually lower.
- Vicar - Will Stileman
- Curate - Neil Watkinson
- Assistant Pastor - Sam Allberry
- Hon Curate - Roy Taylor
- Site and Office Manager - Jenny Taylor
- Vicar's PA - Heather Knight
- Coordinator of Women's Work - Kate Wheatley
- Apprentice - Toby Collins
- Apprentice - Jo Hack-Adams
- Apprentice - Guy Troup
- Apprentice - Katherine Elford
St Mary's Church has youth groups for ages 0–18:
- Creche (0–1 year olds)
- Scramblers (1–3 year olds)
- Treasure Seekers (3–5 year olds)
- Climbers (5–7 year olds)
- Explorers (7–11 year olds)
- Pathfinders (11–13 year olds)
- YPG (13–15 year olds)
- Rock (16–18 year olds)