Solway railway station is an urban, single platform railway station serving the Wairarapa town of Masterton in New Zealand’s North Island. It is located on Ngaumutawa Road, between Hillcrest Street and Judds Road. It is one of three railway stations in the town of Masterton, the others being Masterton and Renall Street.
As part of the Wairarapa station upgrade program to prepare stations for use with the new SW-class fleet of passenger carriages, this station was due to have the necessary modifications made between 14 May2007 and late August 2007.
By the time the railway between Wellington and Masterton was opened on 1 November 1880, a station had been erected south of Masterton, including a shelter and platform, and was known as Kurupuni. The station was briefly known as Purakau between 1908 and 1912 when it was renamed to Solway.
A new car park was built at the station in 2001 by the Masterton District Council as part of a regional programme to "Enhance and expand urban public passenger transport facilities and services".
In 2006, it was proposed that the historic Class 6 station shelter shed at Solway station be removed to a fenced yard at the Carterton Station yards to make way for a new shelter and platform improvements. After concern was expressed by local residents, the plan was rescinded.