Skizz was a comic book strip in 2000 AD which appeared in three installments across more than a decade. It was written by Alan Moore and drawn by Jim Baikie. Two sequels appeared some years later, written and drawn by Baikie.
It is best described as a cross between E.T and Boys from the Blackstuff.
Skizz, an alien interpretor, crash lands on Earth and his ship self destructs to stop it falling into the wrong hands. He is saved from the military by a young girl called Roxy.
Skizz has appeared in his own eponymous strip, the first installment was written by Alan Moore with art by Jim Baikie who then wrote subsequent installments as well:
- Skizz (in 2000 AD #308-330, 1983)
- Alien Cultures (in 2000 AD #767-775, 1992)
- Skizz Book 3 (in 2000 AD #912-927, 1994-1995)
There have a number of trade paperback releases over the years:
- Titan (1989 ISBN 1-85286-135-5)
- Titan (2002 ISBN 1-84023-450-4)
- Rebellion (2005 ISBN 1-904265-30-8)
- DC (2005 ISBN 1-4012-0579-8)
- Skizz II: Alien Cultures:
- Mandarin (1993 ISBN 0-7493-1638-1 )