is an upscale shopping mall
in downtown Vancouver
, British Columbia
. It is located at 757 West Hastings Street
and Howe streets. The centre is comprised of four different buildings that were restored by Henriquez Partners Architects
in 1986 at a cost of $38 million. The main post office was housed here from 1910 until the new one opened in 1958. The Post Office Building is in an Edwardian Baroque
style, combining English and French influences. It features an atrium clock consisting of four 12-foot diameter clocks built in 1909 and is the largest clock movement in Western Canada
; the minute hands alone weigh 92 kilograms (202 pounds) each. In addition to the mall, the building has a seven floor office tower occupied by the federal government. The buildings that comprise the centre are the Post Office (1910), the handsome and architecturally esteemed Winch Building (1911), the Customs Examining Warehouse (1913), and the Federal Building (1937). The mall is home to elite boutiques such as Leone and Armani, and has a food court.