Simon Richard Green, born 1955 in Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire, is a British science fiction and fantasy-author. He holds a degree in Modern English and American Literature from the University of Leicester. His first publication was in 1979.
His Deathstalker series is partly a parody of the usual space-opera of the 1950s, told with sovereign disregard of the rules of probability, while being at the same time extremely bloodthirsty.
The Twilight of the Empire series
(prelude to the Deathstalker
- Mistworld. New York, Ace, Sep 1992; London, Gollancz, Nov 1992.
- Ghostworld. New York, Ace, Mar 1993; London, Gollancz, Sep 1993.
- Hellworld. New York, Ace, Sep 1993; revised, London, Gollancz, Dec 1995.
- Twilight of the Empire (omnibus; contains Mistworld, Ghostworld, Hellworld). New York, Penguin/Roc, Aug 1997; as Deathstalker Prelude (with revised version of Hellworld), London, Gollancz/Vista, Nov 1998.
The Deathstalker series
- Deathstalker (London, Gollancz 1995).
- Deathstalker Rebellion (London, Vista 1996).
- Deathstalker War (London, Gollancz/Vista 1997).
- Deathstalker Honour (London, Gollancz/Vista 1998).
- Deathstalker Destiny (London, Orion/Millennium 1999).
- Deathstalker Legacy (2003)
- Deathstalker Return (New York Roc 2004). ISBN 0-451-42821-8
- Deathstalker Coda (2005)
The Hawk and Fisher series
- Hawk & Fisher. New York, Ace, Sep 1990; as No Haven for the Guilty, London, Headline, Aug 1990.
- Hawk & Fisher: Winner Takes All. New York, Ace, Jan 1991; as Devil Take the Hindmost, London, Headline, Feb 1991.
- Hawk & Fisher: The God Killer. New York, Ace, Jun 1991; London, Headline, Sep 1991.
- Hawk & Fisher: Wolf in the Fold. New York, Ace, Sep 1991; as Vengeance for a Lonely Man, London, Headline, Mar 1992.
- Hawk & Fisher: Guard Against Dishonor. New York, Ace, Dec 1991; as Guard Against Dishonour, London, Headline, Jun 1992.
- Hawk & Fisher: The Bones of Haven. New York, Ace, Mar 1992; as Two Kings in Haven, London, Headline, Oct 1992.
- Swords of Haven: The Adventures of Hawk & Fisher (omnibus; Hawk & Fisher, Winner Takes All, The God Killer). New York, Penguin/Roc, Jul 1999; as Haven of Lost Souls (omnibus; contains No Haven for the Guilty, Devil Take the Hindmost, The God Killer), London, Orion/Millennium, Nov 1999.
- Guards of Haven (omnibus; contains Wolf in the Fold, Guard Against Dishonor, The Bones of Haven). New York, Penguin/Roc, Nov 1999; as Fear and Loathing in Haven (omnibus; contains Vengeance for a Lonely Man, Guard Against Dishonour, Two Kings in Haven), London, Millennium, Apr 2000.
The Forest Kingdom series
- Blue Moon Rising. New York, Penguin/Roc, May 1991; London, Gollancz, Sep 1991.
- Blood and Honour. London, Gollancz, Jun 1992; as Blood and Honor, New York, Penguin/Roc, May 1993.
- Down Among the Dead Men. London, Gollancz, Sep 1993; New York, Penguin/Roc, Dec 1993.
- Beyond the Blue Moon (2000). ISBN 0-575-07045-5
'Blue Moon Rising': the story of Prince Rupert of the Forest Kingdom and Princess Julia of Hillsdown. Originally, Julia was intended to marry Rupert's brother, but was sacrificed to a dragon instead. The dragon neglected to eat her, and instead kept her around until Rupert came by to rescue him from her. Having made a mess of the heroic quest Rupert was supposed to fulfill, they then proceed to get caught in a war and eventually leave to escape their reputations.
The Secret History series
- The Man with the Golden Torc (UK: May 17th, 2007, US: June 5th, 2007)
- Daemons are Forever (US June 3rd, 2008)
- The Spy who Haunted Me (Expected August 2009)
The Nightside series
- Something from the Nightside (New York, Ace 2003), ISBN 0-441-01065-2
- Agents of Light and Darkness (New York, Ace 2003), ISBN 0-441-01113-6
- Nightingale's Lament (New York Ace 2004), ISBN 0-441-01163-2
- Hex and the City (New York Ace 2005), ISBN 0-441-01261-2
- Paths not Taken (New York Ace September 2005), ISBN 0-441-01319-8
- Sharper than a Serpent's Tooth (Ace February 28, 2006), ISBN 0-441-01387-2
- A Walk on the Nightside (Ace September 5, 2006), ISBN 0-441-01448-8 (A collection of the first three Nightside novels.)
- Hell to Pay (Ace December 27, 2006), ISBN 0-441-01460-7
- The Unnatural Inquirer (Ace January 2, 2008), ISBN 0-441-01558-1
- Just Another Judgement Day (Date of publication: TBA)
These books break down into sections, the first three are stand alone novels, linked by the mystery of John Taylor's mother and numerous smaller details. The next three are linked much more closely, dealing with his search for her and the consequences of finding out who (and what) she is. The books after that return to the stand-alone plot of the first three.
In April 2007, the author stated that a deal for film rights to the series had been signed
- Shadows Fall
- Drinking Midnight Wine
- Blood and Honour
- Down Among the Dead Men
- Swords of Haven(US)/Haven of Lost Souls(UK) - Omnibus of the books No Haven for the Guilty, Devil Take the Hindmost and The God Killer.
- Guards of Haven(US)/Fear and Loathing in Haven(UK) - Omnibus of the books Wolf in the Fold, Guard against Dishonour and The Bones of Haven.
- The Nightside, Needless to say (October 2004), Powers Of Detection
- Razor Eddie’s Big Night Out (July 2006), Cemetery Dance #55
- Some of These Cons go Way Back (not yet published), Cemetery Dance
- ''An Appetite for Murder (not yet published), Powers Of Detection II