is a major shopping mall
located in Toronto, Ontario
with over 200 stores. It is located on the south-east intersection of The Queensway and The West Mall in the west end of the city. It is owned and operated by Cadillac Fairview
and features Sears
, The Bay
, and Holt Renfrew
stores as its main anchors.
Major renovations of the mall took place from 1989 to 1991 and expanded the food court and retail areas.
The mall has been the topic of some controversy in the summer of 2007 as the management moved to ban smoking on the entire property, including the parking lot. For this initiative, it received a Heather Crowe award from Ontario's Ministry of the Environment.
Anchors and Majors
- Sears (225,665 sq ft.)Formerly Eaton's
- The Bay (223,447 sq ft.)Formerly Simpsons
- Sporting Life (48,263 sq ft.) Former Location of Brettons Department
- Holt Renfrew (33,670 sq ft.)
- Abercrombie & Fitch First in Canada
- Hollister First in Canada
- abercrombie Opening August 21, 2008 - another first in Canada. This is the kids version targeting 8-14 year olds.
- Gap (14,483 sq ft. total, Gap - ., Gap Kids - 6,625 sq ft.)
- Pottery Barn (14,358 sq ft. total, Pottery Barn - ., Pottery Barn Kids - 5,538 sq ft.)
- Harry Rosen (11,221 sq ft.)
- Banana Republic (10,300 sq ft.)
Other Popular Retailers
Parts of Mean Girls
and the The Sentinel
(2006) were filmed on location at the mall. Also portions of the kids show Animorphs was filmed there.
Sherway Gardens Mall
has a Farmers' Market, located in the North parking lot, every Friday 8am-2pm rain or shine!