, a secologanin synthase
is an enzyme
the chemical reaction
- loganin + NADPH + H+ + O2 secologanin + NADP+ + 2 H2O
The 4 substrates of this enzyme are loganin, NADPH, H+, and O2, whereas its 3 products are secologanin, NADP+, and H2O.
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with oxygen as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is loganin:oxygen oxidoreductase (ring-cleaving). This enzyme participates in indole and ipecac alkaloid biosynthesis.
- Yamamoto H, Katano N, Ooi A, Inoue K "Secologanin synthase which catalyzes the oxidative cleavage of loganin into secologanin is a cytochrome P450". Phytochemistry. 53 7–12.
- Strack D, Matern U, Schroder J "Indole alkaloid biosynthesis in Catharanthus roseus: new enzyme activities and identification of cytochrome P450 CYP72A1 as secologanin synthase". Plant. J. 24 797–804.
- Yamamoto H, Katano N, Ooi Y and Inoue K "Transformation of loganin and 7-deoxyloganin into secologanin by Lonicera japonica cell suspension cultures". Phytochemistry 50 417–422.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is .
Gene Ontology (GO) codes