is a Japanese manga artist
and owner of the Santastic! clothing line. Inoue's manga series contain a great influence from hip-hop
culture, with some of the characters being modeled after rappers. Santa Inoue also designed oen of the album covers for the hip-hop group De La Soul
. Santa Inoue is correctly pronounced "Säntä Inoé".
Inoue debuted with the work Murder
in 1989, winning the Young Sunday
Prize for newcomers. He started his first major work, Bunpuku Chagama Daimaō
, the following year. The first installment in his Tokyo Tribe
series was published as a standalone volume in 1993, with the sequal series being serialized in urban fashion magazine boon
Santa Inoue's manga are published under the Santastic! Entertainment
line, sometimes misspelled as Santastic! Enterteinment
. Santa Inoue is mostly known for his Tokyo
line of series.
- 1990 - Bunpuku Chagama Daimaō, serialized in Young Sunday.
- 1992 - Tamashī Ressha, serialized in Young Sunday.
- 1993 - Tokyo Tribe, serialized in Weekly Young Jump.
- 1994 - The Neighbour No. 13, partially serialized in Comic Scholar.
- 1995 - Mon Mon, serialized in Manga Pachinker.
- 1995 - Tirauchi Kantarō, serialized in Quick Japan.
- 1995 - Born 2 Die, serialized in Quick Japan.
- 1996 - Santa Inōe, a compilation of Inoue's short stories, including his debut, Murder.
- 1997 - Tokyo Tribe 2, serialized in Boon.
- 2000 - Tokyo Drive, serialized in Young Magazine.
- 2001 - Tokyo Graffiti, serialized in Weekly Young Jump.
- 2002 - Santa Inōe 2, a second compilation of short works.
- 2007 - Tokyo Burger, serialized in Ollie.
- 2008 - Tokyo Tribe 2 Spin Off!, serialized intermittently in several magazines.
- 2008 - Tokyo Tribe 3, currently serialized in Ollie.
Santa Inoue has a massive line of clothes. These are put under the Santastic! Wear
line. The characters from Tokyo Tribe
are put excessively on the T-shirts.
Anime and manga series from Santa Inoue's Tokyo
line are available online through Santastic! Mobile
Santa Inoue has several mascots that he draws, mainly "Larry Frinco". Larry Frico is what to appears as a gopher with a baseball cap, and an oversized tounge. A limited special edition of Tokyo Graffiti
, called the "Special Love edition" featured Larry Frinco on the cover. That and a character called "Hasheem" who has a afro, and various different types of ghetto style clothes. However, these characters, mixed with characters from many other Santa Inoue series, are made into figure versions and put under the Santastic! Gangu
line. "Gangu" is dirivative of the word "Gang" in Japanese.
is a series of YouTube
videos by Santa Inoue. They feature the latest in Santa Inoue's world.
- Debut video for Santastic! TV, Santa Inoue talks with two black people.
- Santa Inoue talks to his fellow fans as they line up for the opening of the Santastic! Shop. One fan picks up a copy of the first issue of Tokyo Tribe 2 / Santastic! Magazine "Saru".