Sandie Rinaldo BA
(born Sandra Brycks
on 2nd January 1950 in Toronto
) is a Canadian
television journalist and news anchor
Rinaldo graduated from York University and has been with CTV Television Network since 1973, joining the network just a week after her graduation from York in the Honours Fine Arts programme.
She started as a secretary, and worked her way up the corporate ladder to become one of Canada's most famous and influential television journalists. She became anchor for the newscasts on Canada AM
in 1980, and in 1991 became weekend anchor of CTV National News
, and is also that show's main weekday substitute anchor.
She also previously held the position from 1985 to 1989; from 1989 to 1991, she was co-anchor with Tom Gibney of local news on the network's Toronto affiliate CFTO.
In addition, she has produced documentary and feature programming for CTV, and has been associated with Canada AM and W-FIVE.
She was married to Michael Rinaldo (d. 2005) and has three daughters.
A list of awards won by Rinaldo:
- Bryden Alumni Award, York University 2005
- RTNDA award for Best Newscast for coverage 1999
- World Medal from the International Film and TV Festival 1997
- Finalist Certificate for Best News Anchor in 1991
- Silver Medal for Best Coverage of an Ongoing News Story 1991
- Silver Medal, Best Coverage of an Ongoing News Story 1991 International Film & TV Festival
- Bronze Medal, Best News Anchor, International Film & TV Festival 1990
- Silver Medal, Best Analysis of a Single Current News Story, Houston International Film Festival 1990
- American Film & Video Award for Childbirth From Inside-Out 1990