Hippodrome de Saint-Cloud
is a grass race course
for Thoroughbred flat horse racing
opened in 1901 at 1 rue du Camp Canadien
. The facilities were built by politician and Thoroughbred owner/breeder Edmond Blanc
(1856–1920) in whose honor the Prix Edmond Blanc
was established in 1921.
The Hippodrome de Saint-Cloud is host to a number of important races including the Group One Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud held at the end of June/first week of July each year, and the Critérium de Saint-Cloud run each October.
In 1992, the government declared Hippodrome de Saint-Cloud an official Monument historique.