Roy Akira Miki
(born October 10
) is a Canadian poet
Born in Winnipeg, Manitoba to second generation Japanese-Canadian parents, he attended the University of Manitoba, the University of British Columbia, and Simon Fraser University, where he is currently a professor. He lives in Vancouver. He is very active is the Japanese-Canadian community and has fought hard for redress from the federal government for the internment of Japanese-Canadians during the Second World War.
In 2006, he was made a Member of the Order of Canada. In 2007, he was made a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada.
- 1983: The Prepoetics of William Carlos Williams
- 1990: An annotated bibliography of George Bowering
- 1988: Tracing the Paths, a book on bpNichol
- 2004: Redress: Inside the Japanese Canadian Call for Justice
- 1985: This Is My Own: Letters to Wes and Other Writings on Japanese-Canadians, 1941-1948 by Muriel Kitagawa (1985)
- 1997: Pacific Windows: The Collected Poems of Roy Kiyooka (1997)
- 1998: Broken Entries: Race, Subjectivity, Writing, essays