Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc. (RBH)
is manufacturer and distributor of tobacco products. It is 60% owned by Canadian public company Rothmans Inc.
and 40% by American Philip Morris International
, the latter through the affiliated FTA Holding S.A.1
RBH owns or otherwise controls a wide variety of cigarette brands. Some of these are listed and expanded upon below.
- Craven A: This brand is a part of the RBH "premium brand strategy", principally within the Canadian market. The brand has experienced "long-term declines in market share", in part due to the elimination of all sponsorship activities in Canada in October 20032. The brand has been closely associated with a number of entertainment events in Canada. Among these has been the "Just for Laughs" Canadian Comedy Tour in March of 19993.
- Davidoff: As of April 2007, RBH has started importing Davidoff cigarettes for the Canadian market. The package does, however, state that they are still made in Germany, unlike some international cigarettes sold in Canada, which are made only in Canada. The pricing of this brand is high compared to most competitors. In Alberta, a single pack of 20 sells for $10.
- Benson and Hedges: The company's flagship brand, sold in Gold (regular) and Silver (light) packs of 25 King-size or 100mm cigarettes.
- Rothmans: The company's other flagship brand.
- Number 7: An economic brand.
- Mark Ten: Another economic brand.
- Rothmans Inc. 2004 Annual Report:Corporate Profile Retrieved 2005-02-19.
- Rothmans Inc. 2004 Annual Report: Management's Discussion and Analysis Retrieved 2005-02-19.
- Physicians for a Smoke-Free Canada (1999). Craven A "Just for Laughs" A Review of Cigarette Marketing in Canada 2, March 1999. Retrieved 2005-02-19.