Rick Harris (aka Eric Harris) was a professional wrestler better known as Black Bart. He is the son of the late George "Two Ton" Harris.
Rick Harris started wrestling in 1975. He went through several names, such as Hangman Harris, Ricky Harris and Man Mountain Harris, before settling on the name of Black Bart
He formed a tag team called "The Long Riders" with Ron Bass in Florida Championship Wrestling in 1984 and they went to the NWA's Jim Crockett Promotions later that year.
After splitting with Bass in 1985, he feuded with Ron Garvin, Terry Taylor and Sam Houston.
In late 1986, Bart went to World Class Championship Wrestling where he feuded with Chris Adams and Kevin Von Erich over the World Class title. When Adams, who held the World Class title, left the promotion in September 1986, Bart was awarded the championship...but not before the promotion explained that Bart won the belt from Adams in a fictitious match held in Los Angeles. Bart lost the championship to Von Erich a month later in Dallas, then, like other major World Class stars, left WCCW to join the UWF.
He went back to Florida Championship Wrestling in 1989 and teamed with Bobby Jaggers and Tony Anthony while feuding with Dustin Rhodes & Mike Graham and The Nasty Boys.
He then went to the CWA where he feuded with Dutch Mantel.
In late 1989, he went to the WWF where he mostly worked as enhancement talent.
He then went back to the NWA to form The Desperados with Dutch Mantell and Deadeye Dick.
In 1991, he went to the Global Wrestling Federation where he won the Tag Team Titles 3 times, including once with John Hawk.
Harris wrestled in the independents for the rest of his career and had a short run in WCW as Big Train Bart before retiring in 2002.
As a trainer, his most famous pupil to date has been Necro Butcher. Harris once ran a professional wrestling school at the Dallas Sportatorium.
Championships and accomplishments
- *NWA Florida Brass Knuckles Championship (1 time)
- *NWA Florida Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Bobby Jaggers (1) and Tony Anthony (1)
- *NWA Florida United States Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Ron Bass
- *CWA Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- *NWA National Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- *GWF Brass Knuckles Championship (1 time)
- *GWF Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Bill Irwin (1), Johnny Mantel (1), and John Hawk (1)
- *NWA Mid-Atlantic Brass Knuckles Championship (1 time)
- *NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- *NWA Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Ron Bass1
- *NWA Alabama Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- *WCWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- *ACTS Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- *PWI ranked him # 348of the 500 best singles wrestlers during the "PWI Years" in 2003.
1Bart and Bass were the last to hold the titles until they were revived and used by the current Mid-Atlantic promotion in March 2000.