The Redpath Library was the major arts and humanities library at McGill University, Montreal, Canada. When the McLennan Library was built in 1967-1969 it assumed this role and the Redpath Library was split into Redpath Hall and the Redpath Library - the stack areas.
The building was donated by Peter Redpath in 1893, who also founded the Redpath Museum at the University. The architect of the building, in the Romanesque style, was Sir Andrew Taylor (born 1825) from Edinburgh, Scotland. The library incorporates much ornamentation. There are creatures and gargoyles in the roof, including two representing Redpath and Taylor.
The library stacks were expanded in 1900–01 by Taylor, at the request of Redpath's wife, Grace. The library was expanded again in 1921, by Percy Erskine Nobbs and George Taylor Hyde. New reading areas were added in adjacent space in 1952–54 and these and the stack areas still serve as part of McGill University's libraries.
Redpath Hall itself is currently used as an auditorium and concert hall (it has a pipe organ).