) is a Vancouver
City Councillor and a former school Trustee. On March 12, 2008, Louie announced his intention to run for the Vision Vancouver
mayoral nomination. Formerly a member of Coalition of Progressive Electors
civic party, Louie broke away was re-elected in  as a member of Vision Vancouver
In a 2007 interview, former Vancouver Mayor and current Senator, Larry Campbell, described Louie as a future mayor of Vancouver. Campbell added that he still holds that view, but wouldn't say if Louie should run for mayor in 2008. "That would be up to Raymond," Campbell said. "I just know that someday he'll be mayor. I don't know when that will be.
Born and raised in East Vancouver,with ancestry from Zhongshan,Guangdong his family ran a local bakery. After graduating from high school, Louie worked at Mail-O-Matic Services, a local mailing house, and as a mailer with Pacific Newspaper Group.
While working at Pacific Newspaper Group, Louie became a National Representative for the Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada.
As a City Councillor, Louie is on a number of local organizations, including, the Parent Advisory Committee for Maquinna Annex and Community Visions, a Community Liaison Group in Hastings/Sunrise.
In Council, Louie has served in numerous city committees:
- Member, Standing Committee on Planning and Environment
- Member, Standing Committee on Transportation and Traffic
- Member, Standing Committee on City Services and Budgets
- Director, Vancouver Parking Corporation
- Director, Vancouver Civic Theatres Board
- Co-Chair, Steering Committee for the redevelopment of Southeast False Creek
- Vice-Chair, City Creative Task Force
- Co-Chair, Mayor's Working Group on Immigration
- Director, Greater Vancouver Regional District (GVRD)
- Director, GVRD Labour Relations Bureau
- Director, GVRD Finance Committee
- Director, Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority (GVTA)
- Director, GVTA Finance and Audit Committee
- member of COPE
An avid cyclist (participated in Gastown Grand Prix and Tour de White Rock), Louie continues to live in the community with his wife and their three children.
Raymond Louie Mayoral Campaign Site